Aquatic Arts 5 Live Assassin Snails/Clea Helena | Snail Remover/Pond Snail Control | Freshwater Aquarium Nano Tank Maintenance
We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Liquid Volume||2 Gallons|
|Target Species||Fish, Shrimp|
About this item
- Assassin Snails (Clea helena) are one of the most useful animals in the aquarium hobby! They will obliterate unwanted snails and eliminate the need to use aquarium kits.
- These carnivorous freshwater snails are effective against various types of snails, including pond snails, bladder snails, ramshorn snails, Malaysian Trumpet Snails (MTS), and more.
- An Assassin Snail will ONLY attack other snails, so they are safe to keep with freshwater aquarium fish, dwarf shrimp, large shrimp, aquarium plants, Marimo Moss Balls, etc.
- These extremely useful freshwater snails are a beautiful black and yellow coloration! They can often be found burrowing themselves in your aquarium sand or substrate to help keep the tank clear.
- Basic aquarium accessories required, including an aquarium pump (e.g. quiet aquarium pump). All Aquatic Arts plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!
Assassin Snails (Clea helena) can replace harsh, snail-killing aquarium kits and will naturally obliterate any unwanted snails in your home or desk aquarium. These freshwater snails successfully eliminate pond snails, Malaysian trumpet snails, ramshorn snails, bladder snails, and others. They have tapering spiral-shaped shells that feature yellow and black/dark brown stripes, and their bodies are an iridescent, almost translucent white color and consist of a long Proboscis (a sucking mouthpart) that they use to drag themselves around, as well as two eyes underneath two tentacles. Assassin Snails typically consume snails of comparable size or smaller and generally pose no threat to snails that are larger than them, such as Mystery Snails and Black Devil Snails. However, there have been reports of groups of Assassins ganging up on a larger snail and taking it down, so take caution if you have several Assassins housed with large snails and consider using a splitter aquarium to separate the snails. Otherwise, they are safe to keep with fish, most invertebrates, live plants, and other tank inhabitants, and have only been known to occasionally attack a slow or sick dwarf shrimp. Other than snails, Assassin Snails may accept fish flakes, blood worms, and other protein rich supplements (such as a pleco block). We ship younger Assassin Snails that average 1/2 to 1 inch in length, reaching approximately 2 inches long as adults. Assassin Snails appreciate quality substrate and love to burrow in it; we recommend sand substrate. Basic aquarium tools are required, such as an aquarium filter system with aquarium reactor filter media.
– Temperature: 68° – 75° F (20° – 24° C)
– pH: 6.5 – 8.0
– KH: 2 – 15 dKH
– Minimum tank size: 2 gallons per snail
– Average adult size: 1.5 – 2″ (3.8 – 5 cm)
– Average purchase size: 1/2 – 1″ (1.3 – 2.5 cm)
- Product Dimensions : 7 x 7 x 6 inches; 11.2 Ounces
- Item model number : 5 Live
- UPC : 812548035099
- Manufacturer : Aquatic Arts
- ASIN : B07NWKR3V6
- Best Sellers Rank: #113,112 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
- #340 in Aquariums
- Customer Reviews:
<p>Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.</p>
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.