This simple, flavourful seafood chowder is perfect as a snack, entrée or as a whole meal when coupled with warm garlic bread. Using our Marinara Mix, indulge in a thick and hearty soup, ideal for those cooler winter months.
Creamy Seafood Chowder Recipe
- 750 g marinara mix
- 3 finely chopped bacon rashers
- 1 finely chopped leek
- 1 peeled and finely chopped carrot
- 1 finely chopped Celery Stalk
- 1 peeled and finely chopped potato
- 60 g butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup cream
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Separate the butter in half. Heat in a large pan, add bacon, and stir for 5 minutes over a low heat. Remove and set aside.
- Adding the rest of the butter and increasing the heat to medium, combine leek, carrot, celery and potatoes in the pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10, stirring frequently until vegetables are soft.
- Reduce heat, add flour and stock, stirring for 5 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Add marinara mix, cream and bacon from earlier. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes, ensuring contents of the pan are hot and cooked through, but don’t boil.
- Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with garlic bread.