Dating sites like Plenty of Fish have become one of the most favorite virtual spaces for bachelors who are actively looking for partners but what if a person decides to call off from the site for a certain period of time, say a year? Does Plenty of Fish delete inactive accounts?
Well, let’s try to find out!
- 1 Does plenty of fish delete inactive accounts?
- 2 What are the other possible reasons for your POF account deletion?
- 3 What are the signs of POF account deletion?
- 4 Can you delete your Plenty of Fish account manually?
- 5 Can you restore your deleted POF account?
- 6 Final Remarks on “Does Plenty of Fish delete inactive accounts?”
Does plenty of fish delete inactive accounts?
Although, there is a catch that might be a part of concern.
Furthermore, as mentioned in points 1 and 2 of section 9, POF will implement a retention window of 3 months, where it will keep your data intact with them for any necessary investigation,
And after the completion of 3 months period, it will delete unnecessary data, while keeping limited information for specific purposes.
For your reference, I have attached a screenshot for the same.
What are the other possible reasons for your POF account deletion?
If you are sure that you were not inactive on Plenty of Fish for a long time, then you might want to consider the following reasons for your account deletion.
You are only interested in casual hookups:
Today most of the people are on dating sites just to get some action.
Although, sites like Plenty of Fish have a strong policy of not entertaining such behavior.
So, ultimately if you or another user is practicing such activities, then you are just a few steps away from a permanent account ban.
You are already married:
As per the goal, POF is a platform for singletons who are actively looking for a romantic partner.
However, some users are married but are still actively looking for casual stuff on the site.
So, if they (POF folks) discover that you are already married, then better get ready to face the consequences.
You are rude to others:
Rude behavior is considered as a red flag on any online dating site.
So, if you have passed any racist comments or have sent any inappropriate messages to anyone, then you can instantly get banned from the site.
You post inappropriate pictures of yourself:
Inappropriate pictures are prohibited on POF.
So, if you constantly post your pictures in such a manner, then other people will flag them as inappropriate.
Not just that, you can also fall prey to POF’s radar while it is reviewing the content on the website.
Hence, delete inappropriate pictures from your account, if you don’t want to face a permanent ban.
You keep spamming others:
There are many desperate singletons out there who are looking for relations and hence they keep on spamming others with their
But this behavior is equal to harassment, and according to POF’s Community Guidelines, any user who is found guilty of such behavior will be immediately terminated from the site.
So, better don’t be a spammer.
You have a record of catfishing:
Catfishing is one of the most committed offenses in the online world.
Cons use dating platforms to attract their prey by faking their lifestyle, and when the prey is convinced, the con plays his/her card and deceives the prey.
Therefore, to create a safe place for its users, Plenty of Fish regularly audits each and every account, and immediately bans those which seem fishy or have a record of catfishing.
You are promoting your business:
Plenty of Fish is a perfect place to find a match as it has ample active users.
But some people use this crowd to promote their business, which is against their policy.
Hence, it can be safely said that if you are practicing business promotion on the site, then you are clearly on the radar of getting banned.
You are <18 years old:
A user must provide their accurate Date of Birth to create an account on POF, as it doesn’t allow minors on the site.
So, if you are someone who has created a POF account based on false information, then your account is destined to get deleted.
What are the signs of POF account deletion?
You can easily confirm whether or not your POF account is deleted by looking for the following signs.
- Your profile activity has suddenly disappeared.
- Other users are not able to see your account in their search bar or profile.
- Your profile photo and username have disappeared from the recent chats.
Can you delete your Plenty of Fish account manually?
So, if you are someone who wants to leave Plenty of Fish permanently,
But don’t want to rely on the automatic profile deletion process of POF,
Then don’t worry, because you can manually delete your Plenty of Fish account.
Although, remember, if you have subscribed to any “POF premium” plan, then deleting your profile won’t cancel it.
So, it is advisable to first “Cancel” your POF premium subscription plan to avoid any recurring charges.
Now, if you are ready to delete your Plenty of Fish account, then go ahead and follow these steps:
Step 1: Cancelling your Plenty of Fish subscription.
- Open your desktop browser and access POF on it.
- Now, sign in using your login credentials.
- Next, click on “Premium” that is visible at the top of the page.
- Lastly, click on “Click here to let your upgrade expire” to permanently cancel your POF subscription.
Now, if you have upgraded to a premium subscription using your Android or iOS device,
Then you need to follow the following methods.
Using your Android phone:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Then, tap on your “Google Profile Picture” that is visible in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on “Payments & Subscriptions.”
- Next, tap on “Subscriptions.”
- You will get a list of subscriptions that are currently active on your Google Play account.
- Tap on the “Plenty of Fish” subscription.
- Lastly, scroll to the bottom and tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
Using your iPhone:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on your Apple ID which is visible at the top of the screen.
- Then, tap on “Subscriptions.”
- You will get a list of subscriptions that are active on your Apple ID.
- Next, tap on “Plenty of Fish.”
- Lastly, scroll down and tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
Step 2: Deleting your POF account permanently.
- Open Plenty of Fish on your web browser.
- Then, sign in using your Plenty of Fish credentials.
- Next, click on “My Profile” which is visible at the top of the page.
- A drop-down menu will open up.
- Now, click on “My Profile.”
- After that, click on the “Settings” tab.
- Then, scroll to the “Delete Account” section.
- Next, click on “Delete Account.”
- Lastly, you will be given a short questionnaire on why you are deleting your account. So, answer it and done, your POF account will be deleted permanently.
Can you restore your deleted POF account?
Restoring your deleted social media account or dating app account can be highly beneficial for a user if he/she has any plan on returning to the platform after some time.
However, that is not possible with POF because once you delete your account from the dating platform, all of your data including, messages, profiles, matches, and pictures gets deleted.
So, if you have any plans on returning to the platform again, then better don’t delete it, or else you will need to sign up for a new account and finding your matches from scratch.
Moreover, if in case you want to take a sabbatical from the platform, and don’t want to lose your data, then you can try hiding your profile.
Want to try it out?
Then, follow these simple steps.
Hiding your POF profile on the mobile app (Android & iOS):
- Open the POF app on your mobile phone.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Now, tap on the “My Profile” icon.
- Then, tap on “Manage Account.”
- Next, scroll down to the “Profile Visibility” section.
- Finally, toggle “ON” the “Hide My Profile” icon to hide your Plenty of Fish profile.
Hiding your POF profile on a desktop:
- Open Plenty of Fish on your desktop browser.
- Now, sign into your POF account.
- Next, click on “My Profile” that is visible at the top of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- Then, click on “My profile.”
- Now, scroll to the “Profile Visibility” section on the right-hand side of the page.
- Lastly, click on “Hide Profile.”
Hiding your POF profile on a mobile browser:
- Open your mobile browser.
- Now, access Plenty of Fish on it.
- Next, sign into your POF account.
- Then, click on “Edit Profile.”
- After that, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, tap on the “Hide/Unhide” profile option to hide your POF profile.
Final Remarks on “Does Plenty of Fish delete inactive accounts?”
After this brief discussion, we can now conclude that if you are inactive on Plenty of Fish for 2 years straight, then your account will be automatically deleted.
However, if you are willing to leave the site after some time, because maybe you have found a partner or are bored,
Then you can manually delete your account by following the instructions that are mentioned in the article.